Sunday, August 9, 2009
I'm extremely anxious to get my hands on this product and to get the ability to add my own extensions to it and so forth, but there are quite a few questions lingering in my head regarding Wave.
As usual with every site on the internet, I'm going to make a list.
1) Is Wave interoperable with regular XMPP accounts? Will it be?
2) When logged into Wave do you appear online to regular XMPP users?
3) Will Wave have any integration with e-mail?
4) What does Wave mean for video and voice chatting? Will Wave have this functionality?
5) In the end what will become of Google Talk and Gmail?
6) How will Wave replace e-mail alerts? Will it?
7) How will Wave notify you of messages when you don't have the client open?
8) Will Wave support storing messages offline?
9) Will Wave have themes?
10) Will Wave play nice with OpenID and OAuth?
All in all I have a few opinions but not many ideas (as this honestly milks a lot of them), so I'll just leave it at that.
Ok, to explain the recent posts, I only posted stuff to knock the insanely large Wave I (accidentally) created , off of the front page. I&...
I'm returning to doing some actual blogging on here at the request of my friends, as I'm always sharing ideas or thoughts that I'...
So I just installed Snow Leopard , which only took about a hour to 48 minutes. It isn't that different from Leopard if you have been ke...